Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bonus Post: Harry Potter Link-Up

I was reading my daily blogs and found a Harry Potter link-up?! YES! Thanks, Ashley, for hosting, and thanks, Ricci, for posting about it! Since HP is one of my favorite things (and I'm a huge nerd), I definitely had to participate, and thus you all get a bonus post :) I've known about HP for more than half my life, and wouldn't have it any other way, even if I did have to spend years waiting for books 4 and up. I pulled all nighters each time a new book came out, and my parents didn't mind.

1. Favorite book:
Deathly Hallows, albeit bitter sweetly. I was blown away at how it all wrapped up and  so sad what it was all ending. Will always be one of my favorite books ever.

2. Favorite movie:
Prisoner of Azkaban.  Loved that they were in real clothes, and there is something about Harry reuniting with and then saving Sirius that makes me tear up every time.

3. Which of the films, if any, made you irritated that they didn't stay true to the book?
4 and up. I had to take a step back and look at them as separate entities and not as replicas of the books. I was very upset at the lack of Kreacher's role, especially.

4. Who was your least favorite female character and why?
Umbridge. Despicable, not to mention I'm in education and she represents everything that's wrong with it.

5. Who was your favorite male character and why?
Fred and George. I sobbed when he died and have somewhat convinced my husband that if we have twin boys we get to name them Fred and George. Much needed joyous attitudes and goodness.

6. Which house would you like to be in? Which house would you realistically be in?
I would like to be in Ravenclaw, but Pottermore tells me I'd be Hufflepuff. I'm really ok with both. I love to learn, but I do value relationships and loyalty above all else.

7. Which subject would be your favorite?
Transfiguration, hands down. I love the theory behind it as well as the awoke magic you can do. I like a good challenge, but also having that end result. And let's be honest, all the best spells and magic comes from transfiguration.


2 comments:

  1. Here from the linkup. I wish they would have featured Kreacher's role more than they did in the movies too. It was really hard to see some of my favorite parts of those last books be completely shortened down or missing completely. I wish they would have split books 4+ into two movies like they did with DH. Oh wells...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up!! :)) hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete