Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear Blank, Please blank. Sincerely, blank.

Depression: 4
Anxiety: 5

The session:

Dear Friday,
Please get me to 12:30. I'll handle it after that.
Sincerely,
A four day conference is exhausting.

Dear fryday,
Please can I just have a salad?
Sincerely,
Your city's food is delicious, but I think I've gained a pant size in 6 days.

Dear husband,
Please let me sleep in tomorrow. I understand we leave Sunday, but I'm not waking up early to go sight seeing.
Sincerely,
Your loving, but mentally and physically drained wife

Dear mom,
Please look past my appearance for once. I'm really sorry you're disappointed in my tattoo. I love Jesus, have a job, a husband, a house, and am generally considered to be successful, despite my "unique" exterior (a nose piercing, an industrial, and two, very coverable tattoos).
Sincerely,
Your opinion means so much more (and hurts so much more) than you know.

Dear customs,

Please don't question my massive stock of pills.
Sincerely,
I have proof of prescription for all of them!

Dear husband,
Please understand that I'm an introvert and it's not that I don't want to see you, it's that I need time to recharge. I promise they are two entirely separate things.
Sincerely,
Your wife who does love you very much but is pushed to her current limits of extrovertness.

Dear coworker,
Please continue to be awesome and thanks for putting up with my conference shenanigans, including making our participants do the wave and letting me finish like an olympic gymnast.
Sincerely,
We got tons of interest and compliments, didn't we?


Dear nose ring,
Please understand I'm not getting rid of you, but my mom might appreciate a stud a little bit better.
Sincerely,
Trying to be a more supportive daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment