Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's already Thursday? OK...

Depression: 3
Anxiety: 7

The session:

It is currently day 3 of the 4 day conference and I'm exhausted from all the work, but amped up because this morning is my second presentation for this conference. After this I can just sit back and enjoy the rest of the sessions! I say that like I dread presentations when, in fact, I really love doing them, they just take a lot out of me. I'm currently doing a lot of meditating around the phrase "It's OK"



... To be psyched for my presentation, but know that I'll be completely drained after.
... That I have left my husband completely on his own to explore a new city. I told him I wouldn't be cutting any sessions and he needed to be prepared.
... To blame jetlag for how exhausted I seem to be.
... That I'm using reasonable amounts of caffeine to remedy this.
... That I ordered room service because I really wanted food, and, honestly, just room service.
... To feel absurdly posh ordering said room service, even if it was chicken fingers.
... That I now want to be a ex-pat permanently and have little bilingual children.



1 comment:

  1. Girl I could never be able to do a presentation! Good for you! My husband suffers from Anxiety they sound horrible! Looking forward to following.

    ReplyDelete