Sunday, October 14, 2012

The social Sunday, from the sky.

Depression:
Anxiety: 9

The session:

Most likely I'm currently in flight as you're reading this, so you can guarantee that I'm using my "as needed" Xanax, and also that my anxiety is still sky high. I hate flying. But, while I fly, I usually read in order to take my mind off of it, which ties directly into this weeks Sunday Social!



1. What was your favorite childhood book?
I think we've had this question before? Well, my answer is still definitely the same: Enid Blyton's The Folk of the Faraway Tree. You probably haven't heard of it, not because I was a hipster child, but because it's Australian and not well known in the states.

2. What is your favorite book lately?
This is tough. Harry Potter will probably always be my favorite, but some of the ones I've liked a lot lately are the Hunger Games, or really any dystopian books. Except the supernatural crap. I'm open to suggestions as I desperately need something new and fascinating! I also enjoy historical fiction, particularly Russian-focused (nerd alert!).

3. What book do you wish you could live in?
Well, definitely not the Hunger Games. The Folk of the Faraway Tree would be awesome; maybe Harry Potter, or Goodnight Moon (I enjoy sleeping).

4. If I could be a character from a book, who would it be and why?
Despite my hatred of violence and generally not wanting to be killed, I'd have to go with Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. I adore her quiet strength and loyalty. She plays a key part in the story without being a main character. Also, she is definitely a nerd, just like me. :)

5. What is your favorite book turned movie?
None. I prefer books. BUT, I will say that Lord of the Rings was well done and I'm excited for the Hobbit to come out.

6. What is your favorite magazine?
I don't subscribe to any, so none. However, I'm a sucker for People magazine in waiting rooms.


1 comment:

  1. Hi from the Link-UP!
    Happy to see someone else that loved the Lord of the Rings books go to movies. I think its very good translated - as normally books are never translated into great movies.
    Also I know Enid Blyton - very famous childhood books here in Austria (Europe) too!
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete