Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Social

Depression: 3
Anxiety: 5

The session:

Sunday Social

1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of?
Start training for the marathon. My training plan starts off with just 1 mile, but once I start I know I'm committed and I'm worried I won't be able to complete it. I'm afraid of not living up to my goal. I just need to start! If I never start, I definitely won't reach my goals. OK. New resolution: start training this week.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
That is a really good question. Gah! What's with the really good/hard questions lately? OK. I used to have this picture of exactly where I'd be with my job, and husband, and family. Then it felt like my husband took a sledgehammer to it and it shattered into thousands of pieces in The Event. However, in all of that, I think it made me realize that even the things you're 100% sure of are never to be taken for granted. I'll be where I am in 5 years. That's all I can accurately say.

3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2012?
Just the end of 2012 is enough for me! It's been a ridiculously awful year and I just want it over with.

4. What are your hopes for your blog?
First, that I would find solace, reflection, and a place for expression. Secondly, that anyone else who struggles with similar challenges would find support and know that they're not alone.

5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city?
Maybe, maybe not. I grew up moving around a whole lot, so it wouldn't devastate me to leave, but at the same time, this (8 years) is the longest I've lived anywhere, so I wouldn't mind putting down actual roots.

6. What is your morning routine?
Hit snooze until I have 14 minutes until I have to leave, throw on a work appropriate outfit (jeans, shirt, cardigan, nice shoes/heels, accessory), deodorize, put two bobby pins in my hair, brush my teeth and use mouthwash, feed the cats, feed the dogs, pour a large glass of water and run out the door. Have I mentioned I am not a morning person?


No comments:

Post a Comment