Monday, September 10, 2012

Take things one day at a time.

Depression level: 5. Not as good as I've been feeling lately, but still not horrific.
Anxiety level: 8. Definitely better than yesterday, with it being my first day back, but also definitely feeling being thrown back into the swing of things.

The session:

Yesterday was my first day back at work and I only took one of my "as needed" Xanax, which is awesome! Fortunately, it was a very quiet day in the office and I was allowed to just sit at my desk and catch up, which was greatly appreciated. As an introvert with anxiety problems, being alone and left to my tasks is when I thrive, especially when they are creative tasks :)

Speaking of creativity, and doing things one at a time, I'm trying something new:

  • At least 10 minutes of creative expression a day (painting, crafting, crocheting, HTML-ing, whatever).
  • At least 10 minutes of physical activity a day (meandering, yoga, running, stretching, just something).
  • At least 10 minutes of sole-ly me time to do whatever I want without input from anyone else, and without any "shoulds" hanging over my head.
Just 10 minutes, once a day, for three things that I can't feel guilty about. I've been doing this for about two weeks and it has really helped. I feel like I've accomplished something, but it's not a huge time committment. There are times that I don't necessarily want to craft or "work out" but I feel so much better when I'm done that it usually continues for longer. It's a way to hopefully jump-start some the interests I seem to have lost.

What would be your "just ten minues, once a day?"

No comments:

Post a Comment