Anxiety level: 9! I go back to work tomorrow.
The Session, or the Sunday Socializing:
1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it?My blog name is "Depressed and Anxious About It" because I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but I try not to take myself to seriously. This blog is how those disorders affect my life in an honest, and sometimes funny, way. I feel the need to add a disclaimer to this: This is purely my experience. I do not speak for others who have these disorders :)
2. What do you love the most about blogging?Giving myself a creative outlet and maybe helping others out there who share my challenges.
3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
- "Please have a seat" because I finally got up the courage (and energy) to start sharing what I'm going through, even if it is anonymously. That's a big step for me.
- "It sounds like you've found something that works!" because I think it shows a shift in my thoughts from taking on everything myself and everything being my fault, to playing the hand I'm dealt with in the best way I can, using the tools that I've been given.
4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?Even if it's short, get into the habit of writing SOMETHING to suit the the schedule of how often you thought you'd blog. Heck, just post a picture (with due credit, of course). Still learning this one myself.
5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?Scheduling helps you post consistently!
6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love!
I'm also still exploring the personal blogs (as opposed to topic based) that I want to read so I'd have to go with Suri's Burn Book, STFU Parents, and Ashley's Carnival Ride (but you already knew that!).